Instead of managing energy saving projects one by one, SEM provides the tools to manage energy in a coordinated and strategic way across an organization — helping to increase profitability, create a competitive advantage, and achieve greater resiliency. This approach includes using low-cost behavioural, operational and maintenance related opportunities, as well as capital investment opportunities.
Our Strategic Energy Management Services include:
- Energy Planning
- SEM Programs
- Coaching Energy Managers
- ISO 50001
- Energy Management Training
- Energy Management Information System (EMIS)
Whether your organization already has a well-structured SEM program or is still at the early stages of considering one, Prism can support you through the process to take your energy management program to the next level.
Here’s how we do it:
- Facilitate an energy management assessment (EMA) with your key stakeholders.
- Help you plan and prioritize gaps identified in the EMA.
- Help you establish an effective energy team.
- Review and develop key policies, goals, and targets.
- Develop a comprehensive Strategic Energy Management Plan (SEMP) outlining targets and actions.
- Design and implement an Energy Management Information System (EMIS) to help make energy performance visible in your organization.
- Help identify both low-cost-no-cost energy savings as well as capital investment opportunities.
- Assess and build the business case for projects.
- Identify incentive programs.
- Develop and deliver employee engagement and training programs.
Renew and Refresh
- Refresh your SEMP to keep it meaningful and current.
- Measure and evaluate successes and determine next steps.
- Support you with the implementation of ISO 50001 (Energy Management Systems).