Hudson Pacific Properties
Solutions Based Sustainability Planning
Every year Prism works with the Bentall Centre tenant services to develop an annual Sustainability Action Plan, which features a suite of annual sustainability-focused initiatives and set targets for the year.
The Green Team
Bentall Centre’s Green Team, coordinated by Tenant Services, is a network of tenants from the four Bentall Centre towers. The group meets ten times per year to develop plans and carry out initiatives to encourage tenants to incorporate environmentally sustainable practices in the workplace. Prism’s work with the team has included:
- Planning meeting facilitation
- Development of a Green Team brochure
- Working alongside members to develop team guidelines
With Prism’s support, the Green Team has coordinated a series of successful sustainability engagement campaigns. Initiatives at Bentall Centre are aligned with a calendar of sustainability themes representing areas where the greatest impact can occur in terms of behavior change. The following campaigns were designed to address issues around eliminating waste, reducing energy use, and using alternative transportation:
- A Space Heater reduction campaign that includes a toolkit for Green Team members to have conversations about space heater use.
- A refresh of the “Friday Night Blinds Challenge” to encourage tenants to close the blinds to reduce heat gain over the weekend.
- “Leave Your Car at Home” campaign to promote four alternative transportation options through education, recognition, and celebration.
The Green Team at Bentall Centre has a leg up on achieving their goal of creating a culture of stewardship and action at Bentall Centre. The Centre’s waste diversion rate increased from 82% to 92%.